FYI - Forwarding the following that I received:
Subject: Health Care Details: If you don\'t like the plan, NOW is the
time to contact your representatives
The details regarding the proposed health care are finally coming out.
Here are a couple of resources for you to review. The first is from
Fortune Magazine - 5 freedoms you will lose under the new healthcare
proposal. Follow the link:
The next article was forwarded to me by one of our members and had even
more concise points listed:
Citizens Working in Fernley Nevada distributed this information this
The Research is credited to Herman Statum, Management Consultant.
Here is what your representatives would find should they actually read
the House Health Care Reform bill:
Actual itemized contents of the Health Care Reform Bill:
* Page 22: Mandates audits of all employers that self-insure!
* Page 29: Admission: your health care will be rationed!
* Page 30: A government committee will decide what treatments and
benefits you get (and, unlike an insurer, there will be no appeals
* Page 42: The "Health Choices Commissioner" will decide health
benefits for you. You will have no choice. None.
* Page 50: All non-US citizens, illegal or not, will be provided
with free healthcare services.
* Page 58: Every person will be issued a National ID Healthcard.
* Page 59: The federal government will have direct, real-time
access to all individual bank accounts for electronic funds transfer.
* Page 65: Taxpayers will subsidize all union retiree and
community organizer health plans (read: SEIU, UAW and ACORN)
* Page 72: All private healthcare plans must conform to government
rules to participate in a Healthcare Exchange.
* Page 84: All private healthcare plans must participate in the
Healthcare Exchange (i.e., total government control of private plans)
* Page 91: Government mandates linguistic infrastructure for
services; translation: illegal aliens
* Page 95: The Government will pay ACORN and Americorps to sign up
individuals for Government-run Health Care plan.
* Page 102: Those eligible for Medicaid will be automatically
enrolled: you have no choice in the matter.
* Page 124: No company can sue the government for price-fixing. No
"judicial review" is permitted against the government monopoly. Put
simply, private insurers will be crushed.
* Page 127: The AMA sold doctors out: the government will set
* Page 145: An employer MUST auto-enroll employees into the
government-run public plan. No alternatives.
* Page 126: Employers MUST pay healthcare bills for part-time
employees AND their families.
* Page 149: Any employer with a payroll of $400K or more, who does
not offer the public option, pays an 8% tax on payroll
* Page 150: Any employer with a payroll of $250K-400K or more, who
does not offer the public option, pays a 2 to 6% tax on payroll
* Page 167: Any individual who doesn't' have acceptable healthcare
(according to the government) will be taxed 2.5% of income.
* Page 170: Any NON-RESIDENT alien is exempt from individual taxes
(Americans will pay for them).
* Page 195: Officers and employees of Government Healthcare
Bureaucracy will have access to ALL American financial and personal
* Page 203: "The tax imposed under this section shall not be
treated as tax." Yes, it really says that.
* Page 239: Bill will reduce physician services for Medicaid.
Seniors and the poor most affected."
* Page 241: Doctors: no matter what specialty you have, you'll all
be paid the same (thanks, AMA!)
* Page 253: Government sets value of doctors' time, their
professional judgment, etc.
* Page 265: Government mandates and controls productivity for
private healthcare industries.
* Page 268: Government regulates rental and purchase of
* Page 272: Cancer patients: welcome to the wonderful world of
* Page 280: Hospitals will be penalized for what the government
deems preventable re-admissions.
* Page 298: Doctors: if you treat a patient during an initial
admission that results in a readmission, you will be penalized by the
* Page 317: Doctors: you are now prohibited for owning and
investing in healthcare companies!
* Page 318: Prohibition on hospital expansion. Hospitals cannot
expand without government approval.
* Page 321: Hospital expansion hinges on "community" input: in
other words, yet another payoff for ACORN.
* Page 335: Government mandates establishment of outcome-based
measures: i.e., rationing.
* Page 341: Government has authority to disqualify Medicare
Advantage Plans, HMOs, etc.
* Page 354: Government will restrict enrollment of SPECIAL NEEDS
* Page 379: More bureaucracy: Telehealth Advisory Committee
(healthcare by phone).
* Page 425: More bureaucracy: Advance Care Planning Consult:
Senior Citizens, assisted suicide, euthanasia?
* Page 425: Government will instruct and consult regarding living
wills, durable powers of attorney, etc. Mandatory. Appears to lock in
estate taxes ahead of time.
* Page 425: Government provides approved list of end-of-life
resources, guiding you in death
* Page 427: Government mandates program that orders end-of-life
treatment; government dictates how your life ends.
* Page 429: Advance Care Planning Consult will be used to dictate
treatment as patient's health deteriorates. This can include an ORDER
for end-of-life plans. An ORDER from the GOVERNMENT.
* Page 430: Government will decide what level of treatments you
may have at end-of-life.
* Page 469: Community-based Home Medical Services: more payoffs
* Page 472: Payments to Community-based organizations: more
payoffs for ACORN.
* Page 489: Government will cover marriage and family therapy.
Government intervenes in your marriage.
* Page 494: Government will cover mental health services:
defining, creating and rationing those services.
Whatever health insurance bill is passed in Congress MUST apply to
members of Congress and other federal employees.
No Exceptions. If it isn't good enough for them, it isn't good enough
The White House
Dr. David Blumenthal
Department of Health and Human Services
National Coordinator for Health Information Technology
Dr. Blumenthal has been given the responsibility of developing a
nation-wide medical monitoring system, which will "oversee" the choices
your doctor makes when it comes to your health. Diagnoses, treatments,
and recommendations will all be recorded in this system and analyzed by
the government. If you doctor refuses to be a "meaningful user" of the
system, he or she can expect to be penalized starting in 2014.
Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology
Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Ave. SW
Washington, DC 20201
Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel
Head of the Department of Bioethics
The Clinical Center of the National Institutes of Health
Dr. Emanuel, the brother of white house chief of staff Rahm Emanuel, has
written extensively of the benefits of "comparative effectiveness
research." This concept is keystone in socialized health care policies,
such as those in Canada and the UK. In essence, comparative
effectiveness research promotes devoting health care resources to those
who have the most time left to benefit from them. To put it another way,
those who are considered too old or too sick to truly reap the benefits
from expensive treatments would be denied such care. Can this be where
medicine is heading?
Department of Bioethics
National Institutes of Health
10 Center Drive, Building 10, Room 1C118
Bethesda, MD 20892-1156